Friday, December 16, 2011

Teriyaki rice bowl

So I am not just going to focus on crafts... I have to splurge about this teriyaki rice bowl I made last night.  I was going to add some chicken to it and than last minute decided to buy mushrooms and did that instead.  The teriyaki sauce was homemade and than I added a little from a bottle that said sauce and marinade.  I also added a few extra things and took out the broccoli since I don't care for them.  Has to do with when I was a kid and I have a hard time eating them and I don't want to gross you all out so we will leave it at that.  Anywho, I took peanut oil and and sauteed all the veggies... I did onion, carrots, green pepper, 2 cloves of garlic, 2tbsp of ginger grated and mushrooms.  I did what my heart desired on measurement of the veggies cause the 2/3 cup didn't seem like enough to me.  My intentions were to buy the shitake but Walmart (which I hate that store, but love it) did not have them, so my result was portabella which was perfectly fine cause I love those as well.  I sauteed them as I boiled the rice and my daughter made the teriyaki sauce when I was cutting vegetables cause it was getting late and I wanted dinner done before 8 which was coming so fast.  So the sauce I will double next time cause I didn't think was enough when you pour it into the pan with the vegetables.  So after we poured it on we let that simmer for a minute or two while we dished up the rice.  I planned on using brown rice, but had a retard moment and screwed up so I wasted that small bag and than dipped into my huge bag that I got from Sam's Club (another love to hate... must do with the Walmart stores in general).  I can't tell you what kind it is cause I am not sure at this moment. It isn't white rice, I know that.  So I am guessing at this point you want the recipe for the teriyaki sauce?  All right I will give it to you.  It is 3 Tbsp of soy sauce(which ever soy sauce you love the most.. Low sodium, whichever) 1 tbsp of honey 1tbsp of brown sugar 2 tsp of cornstarch and whisk in a bowl and set aside.  Viola!!  Enjoy a healthy meal! With the chicken the recipe says 260 calories and serves 5.  If you would like the recipe you may comment and I will get it to ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment